For when it’s not possible to visit the Ship in person, we’ve put together some links to help you share in the Battleship experience!
- Experience our Sea Stories, providing the history of the Battleship in the words of the men who worked on it.
Download the Battleship NORTH CAROLINA app from Google Play or the App Store to enrich your visit to the Battleship or to learn more at home.
- View the collections.
- Play Battleship games.
- Watch videos.
- And more!
- The Showboat Podcast: Immerse yourself in the Battleship’s adventures past and present through a series of brief audio programs.
- Discover the Showboat: Explore the city at sea through links to digital video tours by knowledgeable, enthusiastic volunteers.
Engage students with one of our Battleship-based lesson plans for a variety of ages.
- Print out our coloring sheet of Charlie, our friendly alligator mascot.
- Give our Battleship word search a try.
- Try your hand at the Battleship crossword, designed for school group tours (and check your work with the answers).
- Learn about the natural environment at the Battleship site, through this brochure about its flora and fauna.
- Assemble our digital jigsaw puzzle of a photo of the Battleship.
- Test your knowledge with our downloadable trivia quiz. (Here are the answers — but don’t peek!) Or take the online version right here:
Visit us on social media for more about what’s happening at the Battleship and ties to history:
Zoom virtual backgrounds
Show your love for the Battleship during video conferences with our virtual backgrounds.
[Right-click or Ctrl + click HERE to open above image in a new tab. Then right-click or ctrl+click in the new tab to save full-size background image.]
[Right-click or Ctrl+click HERE to open above image in a new tab. Then right-click or ctrl+click in the new tab to save full-size background image.]
You can also check out the North Carolina Museum of History’s virtual backgrounds, which include one showing the Battleship being moved up the Cape Fear River!