Battleship Up Lighting Project Phase I – Request for Proposals (RFP)
Deadline for Submissions: March 1, 2023, 4:00PM EST
Send submissions and questions to: Mr. Chris Vargo, Assistant Director: email@example.com or call 910-399-9103
1 Battleship Road NE Wilmington, NC 28401
The Battleship NORTH CAROLINA Memorial seeks proposals from qualified lighting providers to install a permanent lighting
and control system that will illuminate portions of the Battleship to enhance the views of the ship at night. The Battleship
NORTH CAROLINA is the State’s memorial to more than 11,000 North Carolinians who made the ultimate sacrifice in WWII,
as well as all veterans past, present, and future. The Battleship is an iconic symbol of strength, ingenuity, and sacrifice and
is well known for its formidable presence on the Cape Fear River as it overlooks Historic Downtown Wilmington.
Basic System Requirements (not all inclusive):
1. Phase I systems must have a total cost (materials and labor) not exceeding $50,000.
2. Phase I systems must be expandable and able to support future equipment from other suppliers.
3. Fixtures and associated equipment can be shore or ship-based or a combination of both.
4. All equipment must be properly rated for the intended environment.
5. Installation and workmanship must meet all applicable codes and industry standards.
Minimum Submittal Requirements:
1. Site plan showing location of all equipment including methods of attachment.
2. Product specifications for all proposed equipment.
3. Detailed description of system operations.
4. Installation timeline.
RFP Timeline and Process:
- February 1, 2023, 10:30AM: Open house at the Battleship for all bidders to view potential equipment locations and
ask questions. Individual meeting/visit requests will be granted only as operations allow. Answers to questions
after the Feb 1 open house will be shared with all bidders via email.
- March 1, 2023, 4:00PM EST: Deadline for all proposals.
- March 2-9, 2023: Proposals reviewed by the Battleship staff.
- March 10, 2023: Winning proposal selected. Winning provider will be required to submit an IRS Form W9 and
certificate of liability insurance in addition to their final proposal.
- Use of Battleship staff and volunteers is negotiable to offset installation costs.
- The Friends of the Battleship NORTH CAROLINA is a registered 501c3 for the purposes of donations to the